2004 Computer Use
Policy 2004: Computer Use
To facilitate exploration, idea sharing, connection and collaboration, ImagineIF Libraries provide computers, Internet access and printing for the public. Such resources are provided to all library users, with the understanding that it is the individual user’s responsibility to demonstrate judgment, respect for others and appropriate conduct.
Responsibility for online materials accessed by children and adolescents rests with their parent or legal guardian. Computers in the children’s area point to age-appropriate websites, but may be used to access other websites. Parents or guardians who believe that their children cannot responsibly use the Internet should personally supervise such use.
Computers and personal wireless devices may not be used for illegal activity, to access illegal materials or to access materials determined to be obscene by the Montana Code Annotated, 45-8-201. ImagineIF believes in freedom of information for all and does not practice censorship. However, the libraries are public spaces, and display of some materials that are not defined as obscene may constitute sexual harassment or violate the ImagineIF Customer Conduct Policy. Repeated actions that create a disturbance or that are considered sexual harassment may result in the loss of some or all library privileges.
Library staff will assist customers with basic computer and printer functions. Staff is unable to provide comprehensive technical support for personal computers and devices. Personal computers, storage devices, and wireless devices may not be connected directly to ImagineIF’s internal networks or staff computers.
Computer Use Agreement
By clicking Accept, you agree to:
- Adhere to time limits established by ImagineIF Libraries.
- Promptly pay any printing fees.
- End your session and leave the workstation if asked to do so by an ImagineIF Library staff member, even if you have not completed your session. (Library staff reserves the right to interrupt sessions to perform necessary maintenance.)
- Use this computer only for legal activity, including adherence to copyright or other rights of third parties, and in a manner consistent with the Customer Conduct Policy.
- Avoid interfering with or disrupting Library Staff hardware, software, networks or services.
Amended and Renamed: 6/17/2002
Amended and Renamed: 1/24/2011
Revised: 10/22/2014, 5/24/2017
Terry Guidi, Chair
Library Board of Trustees