3001 Borrowing Privileges
ImagineIF Libraries extends borrowing privileges to all residents of the State of Montana as well as to people who are temporarily residing in Flathead County. In order to borrow materials, customers must possess an ImagineIF library card or a library card from a participating Partner Resource Sharing Group library.
Obtaining a Library Card
Adults and teens ages 16 and up must present photo identification and verification of a current Montana address in order to obtain a library card.
Current photo identification issued by a school, government agency or employer that includes and name and photo are acceptable. Address verification is needed if the card does not include a Montana address. A limited-use card will be issued to library customers who can provide a current photo ID but do not have proof of Montana address.
Children and teens between the ages of 9 and 15 who visit the library without a parent or caregiver may register for a card. They must be able to provide their name, address, phone number and date of birth, as well as the first and last name of a parent or caregiver in order to obtain a library card. A parent or caregiver assumes responsibility for materials borrowed by their dependents.
Library Card Agreements
- The cardholder agrees to return borrowed materials on time and accepts responsibility for lost or damaged items.
- The cardholder is responsible for the original price of the item plus any processing or recovery fees when items are lost or damaged beyond repair.
- A valid library card or a current photo ID must be presented to check out materials.
- Held materials may only be picked up with the library card under which the item is held.
- It is the cardholder’s responsibility to notify Library staff of any address or contact information changes.
- If a library card is lost or stolen, it is the responsibility of the cardholder to notify the library.
- ImagineIF Library materials may be returned to any ImagineIF location or any Partner library regardless of checkout location.
Michael Morton, Chair
Library Board of Trustees