3001 Borrowing Privileges
ImagineIF Libraries will extend borrowing privileges to all residents of the State of Montana as well as to those persons who are temporarily residing in Flathead County. In order to borrow materials, persons must be in possession of an ImagineIF library card or a library card from a participating Partner Resource Sharing Group library.
Obtaining a Library Card
Photo identification and verification of a current Montana address are required to obtain a library card. A library card will be issued when a valid Montana Driver’s License or a Montana State ID card verifying current address is presented.
If a potential borrower is not in possession of the above, a current photo identification card (that includes name and photo) from a school, government agency, or employer AND address verification, that includes name and Montana address, must be presented.
A limited-use card will be issued to those persons who can provide a current photo ID but do not have proof of Montana address.
A parent or caregiver assumes responsibility for materials borrowed by their dependents. A parent or caregiver ID is required for applicants under the age of 16 and for those dependents not having their own photo ID.
Library Card Agreements
- A cardholder agrees to return borrowed materials on time and accepts responsibility for lost or damaged items.
- The cardholder is responsible for the original price of the item plus any processing or recovery fees when items are lost or damaged beyond repair.
- A valid library card or a current photo ID must be presented to check out materials.
- Held materials may only be picked up with the library card under which the item is held.
A library card remains valid as long as it is used at least once every three years. If a card has not been used in three years and is clear of charges, the account will be purged from the database.
- It is the cardholder’s responsibility to notify Library staff of any address or contact information changes.
- If a library card is lost or stolen, it is the responsibility of the cardholder to notify the library.
- Flathead County Library System materials may be returned to any FCLS branch or any Partner library regardless of checkout location.
Terry Guidi, Chair
Library Board of Trustees