Prepare to play I Spy as we explore the art of camouflage.
- Five Hiding Ostriches
- Barbara Barbieri McGrath, ISBN: 9781623541965
- Everybunny Count!
- by Ellie Sandall, ISBN: 9781534400146
- by Guilherme Karsten, ISBN: 9781771475358
- Hide and Seek
- by Polly Noakes, ISBN: 9781786281821
- Where is the Green Sheep?
- by Mem Fox, ISBN: 9781328482662
- Big Hid
- by Roisin Swales, ISBN: 97819111713006
- Find Fergus
- by Mike Boldt, ISBN: 9781984849038
- by Marie Cimarusti, ISBN: 9780525460831
Songs & Interactives:
- The Little Green Chameleon (to the tune of “The Itsy Bitsy Spider”)
- There’s Something in My Garden
- Here is the Beehive
- Flannelboard activity: Hide and Seek Mouse & Yoo-Hoo Ladybug Hide and Seek with magnifying glass
- I Spy Bags
- fill transparent bags with rice and hidden treasures (beads, charms, googly eyes, foam stickers, buttons, erasers), then create and attach a searcher’s “key”
- I Spy in the Library
- hide animals around children’s area for kids to find and return to their proper habitats (sensory tubs)
- Small World Play
- animal habitat sensory tubs:
- Ocean (blue cheerios, aquarium rocks and plants, sea animals)
- Desert (kinetic sand, dinosaur skeletons, excavation tools)
- Forest (wooden logs and branch cross-sections, forest animals)
- Moss (moss, plastic bugs)
Activity: DIY I Spy
Create a “Where’s Waldo?” or “I Spy” collage artwork, in which small stickers are hidden for others to try and find.