ImagineIF Libraries will extend borrowing privileges to all residents of the State of Montana as well as to those persons who are temporarily residing in Flathead County. In order to borrow materials, persons must be in possession of an ImagineIF library card or a library card from a participating Partner Resource Sharing Group library.
Obtaining a Library Card
Adults and teens ages 16 & up must present photo identification and verification of a current Montana address in order to obtain a library card.
A current photo identification card (that includes name and photo) from a school, government agency, or employer AND address verification, that includes name and Montana address, must be presented.
A limited-use card will be issued to those persons who can provide a current photo ID but do not have proof of Montana address.
Children and teens between the ages of 11 and 15 who visit the library without a parent or caregiver may register for a card. They must be able to provide their name, address, phone number and date of birth, as well as the first and last name of a parent or caregiver in order to obtain a library card.
A parent or caregiver assumes responsibility for materials borrowed by their dependents.
It is the responsibility of the parent to perform any supervision of Library materials selected for checkout. Not all material in the library is age appropriate for minor children.
Library Card Agreements
- The cardholder agrees to return borrowed materials on time and accepts responsibility for lost or damaged items.
- The cardholder is responsible for the original price of the item plus any processing or recovery fees when items are lost or damaged beyond repair.
- A valid library card or a current photo ID must be presented to check out materials.
- Held materials may only be picked up with the library card under which the item is held.
- It is the cardholder’s responsibility to notify Library staff of any address or contact information changes.
- If a library card is lost or stolen, it is the responsibility of the cardholder to notify the library.
- ImagineIF Library materials may be returned to any ImagineIF location or any Partner library regardless of checkout location.
Heidi Roedel, Chair
Library Board of Trustees