4004 Meeting Room Use
ImagineIF Libraries provides public meeting space at ImagineIF Kalispell. The meeting room is available primarily to support library programs and functions, and second by local community groups and organizations. This policy ensures that ImagineIF Libraries’ meeting room is available for gatherings, the purpose or nature of which is civic, cultural, educational and/or of community interest. In accordance with the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights and its interpretation pertaining to meeting rooms, the library does not limit use of the meeting room based on the subject matter or content of the meeting or on the beliefs or affiliations of the meeting’s sponsors.
How to Reserve a Meeting Room
The meeting room may be scheduled through the Business Office at 758-5821, Monday through Friday on a first-come, first-served basis. The contact person shall assume responsibility for the group’s use of the room. Meeting room rules must be accepted in order to reserve a room.
The Following Rules govern the use of the FCLS Meeting Room:
- Users of the meeting room must adhere to the Library Rules of Conduct.
- All meetings must be open to the public and may not be restricted to any particular group. With the exception of books and other resources sold at library-sponsored events, no products or services may be advertised, solicited or sold.
- Groups using the room may not charge registration or admission fees or require a donation or purchase as a condition of attending a meeting. Membership dues and costs may be collected.
- All advertisements, announcements, press releases, flyers, etc. related to meetings must clearly state the meeting is NOT sponsored by ImagineIF Libraries and must clearly designate the sponsoring organization.
- Library users may not use the name, address, or telephone number of ImagineIF Libraries as the address or headquarters of any group using the library for meetings.
- The contact person must be the last to leave the meeting, and last to leave the building if the meeting ends after library closing.
- The meeting room is in high demand and time slots do not allow all groups desiring its use to have access.
- Groups will notify the library at least 24 hours before a meeting if it must be canceled.
- Reservations can be made for the current month, plus two months in advance.
- Groups are limited to reserving a meeting room twice per month. To ensure that meeting rooms are available to a variety of groups, ImagineIF Libraries may limit room use for particular organizations if abuse or non-compliance is detected.
- The room is available for use as a public meeting room during ImagineIF Libraries’ open hours on each day the library is open for business.
- Meeting room users should schedule enough time to allow ample set-up, meeting and clean-up time to avoid overlap with another group.
- If a meeting ends after the library’s public hours, a designated contact person will be given instructions for securing the building. Meetings must end by 9:00pm. Groups may not use the room past the library’s closing time on Saturdays.
- Priority for use of the room is retained by ImagineIF Libraries for library or related business. In an emergency, ImagineIF Libraries may ask a group to cancel a scheduled meeting to allow for library use of the room.
- ImagineIF Libraries will not provide storage of materials for any group.
- Groups are responsible for taking care of the meeting room and will be held responsible for any damage incurred. After using a meeting room, chairs must be stacked and tables returned to the original arrangement before vacating the room.
- If food is served, utensils must be washed, garbage disposed of and the kitchenette cleaned.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be served or consumed on library property, except at special events hosted by the ImagineIF Library Foundation, Friends of the Library, or library supporting organizations or associations. These groups must obtain written permission to serve alcoholic beverages at special events in advance by ImagineIF Libraries administration.
- Groups must provide any necessary meeting equipment that is not available at the library. ImagineIF Libraries provides projection equipment, DVD/VHS player and a screen, as well as wireless access to the Internet for groups to use with their own computers.
- Groups showing a film must have documented public performance rights to screen the film.
- Community groups may request the use of laptops by contacting the Information Desk at 758-5815.
- Attendance must not exceed the posted capacity of the meeting room: 48 persons.
- Groups must provide Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations when requested.
- Any use of the meeting room that violates the Library Rules of Conduct is not permitted.
Failure to comply with the ImagineIF Libraries meeting room rules will result in withdrawal of room reservation privileges.
- ImagineIF Libraries reserves the right to deny use privileges should any abuse of this policy occur.
- ImagineIF Libraries may not be held liable for any damage, loss or bodily injury occurring to persons or property affiliated with the scheduled meeting.
- Meeting room users shall be held liable for any damage to or loss of library property in conjunction with their scheduled meeting.
Revised and adopted: 5/27/2010
Marsha Sultz, Chair
Library Board of Trustees