We Think it Should Be Easy to Get Access to Information
Welcome to ImagineIF Libraries where we take learning to new levels. Below you’ll find some of the basics of how things work at ImagineIF.
It’s Easy To Get a Card
Bring in a current photo ID and we’ll get you set up. See our policy for more details.
You can also apply for a two item card online here. You will have instant access to downloadable books and audiobooks through MontanaLibrary2Go.
Keep Items for at Least Two Weeks and Up to 12 Weeks
If you lose your card, no worries, it happens. Just let us know. Be sure to bring a current photo ID and we’ll get you a new one for $1.
Most items can be renewed up to two times as long as no one else has a hold on the item. Loan periods and renewal options are as follows:
|Type of Material||Loan Period||Renewals|
|New Books||14 days||2|
|Books and Audiobooks||28 days||2|
Renew your materials here.
No Daily Late Fees
- We don’t have late fees, but we still want our items back! If an item is three weeks overdue, you will be billed for the price of the item. It’s not too late though, if you return the item within three weeks, the bill will be removed from your account.
- If an item is six weeks overdue, your account will be charged an additional $5 or $10 referral fee. It’s still not too late! If you bring the item back after this six week period, the price of the item will be removed from your account, but you will need to pay the referral fee.
- Items six months overdue or more must be paid for and the good news is the item is yours to keep.
Access Over Half a Million Materials
- ImagineIF Libraries is part of the Partners Sharing Group that includes 36 libraries around the state and over 800,000 materials!
- You can use your card at any Partner library, and the library where you check out items determines if fines are charged. You can return items to any Partner library.
- You can place holds on items that are at a Partner library and have them sent to ImagineIF for pickup. We’ll hold it for you for seven days.
- If you cannot find an item you are looking for, you can request the item online or contact us. Be sure to have your library card number ready.